Type: Overstrung/Underdamper Upright Piano
Brand: Danemann, UK
Finish: Satin Mahogany
Date of Manufacture: 1956
We regard Danemann pianos as being one of the best British manufacturers of the late 20th Century. This one from 1956, could be described as a spinet or console style, and with it's grand piano style music desk, it certainly stands out. Danemann are robustly built and are adaptive to climate change. They can be found in schools and music institutions all over the world, mostly in the UK and Africa.
Finance is not available on this piano, thank you.
Dimensions: Width: 147cm, Depth: 60cm, Height: 104cm
After several months in the workshop, every aspect of this instrument is refinished to the highest standards. The casework now looks the same as when it was originally manufactured, having been stripped back, repaired and finished with many coats of the finest grade polish.
The brass trimmings included every screw, inside and out, are refinished and/or replaced in areas. The back of the piano is resprayed and fully lined. The meticulously prepared internal mechanism known as the ‘action’ is thoroughly regulated and overhauled, with hundreds of new parts including new tapes, springs, felts, bushings, screws etc.
The hammers are resurfaced, realigned, and now perform at their optimum best. The keyboard and pedal maintenance results in a responsive touch and comfortable playing experience. The pedal section was removed and reconditioned: while pedals were out, the inner base of the piano resprayed. Pedals are regulated and new pads installed around them to reduce movement noise. Strings, pins, and soundboard are cleaned.
Each ivory key was put through a cleaning and whitening process using ultra violet light. Piano is tuned, toned and ready to play. Fully restored to last a lifetime and become a true family heirloom.
Five Year Warranty
- Fully restored, internally reconditioned and partially rebuilt
- Case stripped, sanded and sprayed in several coats of high grade Satin polish
- Internal mechanism stripped, cleaned, reassembled, aligned and centred
- Hammer heads resurfaced/reshaped and toned for better sound quality
- Strings, agraffes, pins, bridges, hitch pins, frame and soundboard cleaned
- Pedal section removed, base of piano sprayed and pedals section painted
- All brass works removed and finished to a mirror shine on a spinning wheel
- Key tops whitened using bleach and ultra-violet light, keys levelled and dip adjusted
- Capstans and balance rail pins cleaned, name-board felt replaced, bushings replaced
- All screws removed, including large cast iron frame screws and finished on a wheel
- Back of piano sprayed and lining replaced, castor wheels replaced where needed
- Full tape and jack spring replacement, over 170 new internal action parts
- Piano tuned twice and regulated for optimal performance
- Ideal for all levels of player, from beginner to advanced
Annual tuning starts at €120 depending on location